The Stereolithography (SL) process uses a UV laser to solidify a variety of epoxy-based, photopolymer resins. This process uses sliced CAD data to build functional parts layer-by-layer. Because this is an additive process, highly complex geometries can be built with assistance from support structures that are easily removed without adverse effect to the product. The key advantage of SL is its ability to rapidly produce highly detailed models with exceptional aesthetic qualities.
- Very fine detail and smooth surface finishing
- Capable of normal and high resolution build styles
- Layers as small as .002 inch (two thousandths)
- Dimensional accuracy within thousandths of an inch
- Resin options allow for varying mechanical, optical, and thermal properties
- Can be finished for presentation and/or cosmetic applications